High blood pressure, diabetes, heart diseases, insomnia and even skin ailments can be treated effectively with herbal remedies. This holds true for ED too. And, this is the reason why herbal pills have proved to be much more effective in treating ED as opposed to prescription drugs.
ED is caused due to lowered flow of blood into the penile region. A lowered testosterone level is also known to cause ED. Age and stress, are two main factors that lead to a drop in testosterone as well as a sluggish supply of blood into the penis. All these problems can be treated with herbal cures.
A few of these herbs and their benefits are discussed in detail below –
• Muira Puama – Often referred to as the ‘Viagra of the Amazon’ this potency wood is known to be quite effective in increasing sexual performance. Considered a general tonic, this herb is said to be 62% effective in increasing sexual drive and helpful in achieving a longer lasting erections.
• Epimedium Sagittatum (horny goat weed) – For over 2000 years this leafy plant has been used to boost both erectile functions and sperm production. Its effect on the testes, prostate gland, and anal muscles also helps in increasing sexual desire.
• Tongkat Ali (Asian Viagra) – The tree has been a source of sexual energy for many men. It helps increase sexual performance and libido and also treats ED by increasing levels of testosterone in the body. The 20:1 ratio is the minimal dosage that one requires in order to effect the sexual functioning of a person.
• Maca – This root vegetable provides the body with the necessary nutrients required by the endocrine system to work optimally. Studies show that using maca for 16 weeks helped men increase their sperm count, mortality and even volume.
• Flaxseed – This seed contains high levels of lignans that are basically phytoestrogens, which help in maintaining a healthy ratio of testosterone. This effects the libido of the user rather positively. Also known as linseed, Flaxseed contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 acids that are great for building of sex hormones.
• Cordyceps – Discovered by the Chinese, this aphrodisiac boasts of a 64% success rate. The two essential components of the fungus namely cordyceps, (deoxyadenosine) and cordycepic acid (mannitol) are said to have a very strong effect on a person’s sex drive.
Tip- ED more often than not finds its root in medical issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc and therefore, it is imperative that you seek a treatment for these problems when looking to fight ED.